[DeTomaso] Fuel line fittings

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 22:16:18 EDT 2012

In a message dated 8/13/12 18 23 32, dennis617 at aol.com writes:

> Does anyone know what size and type of fitting is on the original 351C
> mechanical fuel pump going from the pump to the carburetor.
>

>>>Chuck Melton just went through this a few weeks ago...Chuck?

Mike

Actually I'm still being beat up by this issue.  I've gone thru 3 fuel pumps
(and two carbs) on the girl, and I still think it is a fuel supply
problem...  This might keep me from driving it to Monterey because she has
been a bad girl.

Um details & photos are at:

http://www.provamo.com/Members/TechInfo/FuelPump.asp

Some owners have a hard line between the fuel pump and the carb (like common
cars), (Torino was one source example) while I have a standard rubber line.

Here is some text from the page:

The correct fittings (for me are), shown below, front, are 3/8" diameter
(5/8 18) female to male tube 1/2" 20 mating with the tube fitting on the
fuel pump, with a 3/8" IF to 3/8" hose barb connector...

Chuck