[DeTomaso] A new Pantera trivia topic: cigarette lighter

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sun Apr 15 16:07:41 EDT 2012

My solution was to buy an aftermarket accessory plug that was about the
same diameter as my stock lighter socket but had a cap on top. Since I
don't smoke and will never allow anybody to do so in my cars, I didn't want
an actual lighter in it. I needed to slightly enlarge the hole where the
lighter was, but it worked perfectly as an accessory plug. When I had the
interior recovered, though, I didn't recut the hole for it and haven't
missed it with everything I need hard-wired.

Since you can easily get to the wiring around the lighter, why not just
splice an accessory plug to it where you can hook up a CB or any other
accessory to it whenever you want  like this one?

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=two+wire+plugs&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1095&bih=508&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4929681024358854376&sa=X&ei=aiqLT4yvAYGm8QTa-8zACQ&ved=0CIsBEPICMAM