[DeTomaso] Oil question at last resolved (I think)

Guido deTomaso guido_detomaso at prodigy.net
Fri Apr 13 14:51:15 EDT 2012

You imply any volume of oil is adequate, as long as 1/2" clearance is achieved
to the crankshaft.

No one has yet put 5 quarts in stock pan and measured the height relative to the
pan rail, so we don't know how many quarts your 1/2" measurement would equate
to.

Also I'd suggest there's no value in keeping the oil within 1/2" of the crank
... better to hold a larger volume down low away from the crank than a small
volume up high.

Or so it seems to me, I could be wrong.

GD