[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 93, Issue 5-Rear Brace

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Thu Apr 5 11:14:14 EDT 2012

I have the Byers/Hall set of braces on my car
The upper rear truss really gets some action as
it was actually trying to pull the bolts thru the sheetmetal
I had to weld the tabs in with some bracing behind
This happened after trying to autocross the car.
A lot of moving around back there with Cheater Slicks

Now it slightly cracks the Bondo used when the engine
bay was smoothed and painted... I try not to Autocross
the car too much now so the cracking will stay at a
minimum.  I often ask myself do I want it to look pretty
or go fast???

Bob Benson