[DeTomaso] question about adjusting power brake booster

B. Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 3 16:59:12 EDT 2012

I believe Roland and Steve are correct.

The factory original pushrods were nicely made little adjustable devices.
The aftermarket shlop that has replaced most of them are NOT adjustable.
Ford TSB #83 is the best instructions for how to adjust the factory pushrods
and clearances (if you still have yours).

The same goes for the black plastic pushrods. They aren't original parts
either.

Jack's comments about sticking pushrods when hot are also related to
aftermarket bodges as there is no such sleeve in an original factory part.

We shouldn't blame problems on original parts when a lot of the troubles are
actually with parts that aren't original at all. There's so many adaptations
on Panteras, people are starting to think it's all original stuff!
We also have some pretty questionable repro parts parading as "original
DeTomaso parts". Very confusing. The safest stuff is in the blue and white
FORD boxes, but it's very hard to find. Getting real original quality parts
has been the most frustrating part of the Pantera experience for me.

Barry

----

I have never seen any non adjustable rod.

Roland