[DeTomaso] NPC: GM Performance Splayed Valve Heads

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 13:54:06 EDT 2012

So ummm...

I was reading Hot Rod and there was an article about the fastest
chevy, a land speed record holder.  I saw the heads and I was thinking
"Ha!  They used Cleveland heads to make it go faster"!

Well, I'm wrong and right about that.  They're actually GM specialty
race heads (GM Performance 24502517), but they are clearly copies of
the 351C... or maybe you could say they're copies of the Chevy big
block.  In any case, how long have these things been around?   Popular
on NASCAR circuits or drag racing?  Where did they come from and most
importantly:  Why was I not informed?!?!?

sean

--
"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso