[DeTomaso] Room Above Air Cleaner Auto Exotica/Kirk Evans

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Sep 30 23:24:35 EDT 2011

In a message dated 9/30/11 20 19 51, persocaddy at aol.com writes:

> Hi, I have on my car since the 1980's or so a raised  center section
> stock looking engine screen. I got it from Auto Exotica company which I think
> was Kirk Evans. He saw my screen at POCONO years ago and recognized it as
> his. It can in 2 heights 2 inches and 4 inches I believe. It looks completely
> stock and does not block the rear view mirror. It really is the perfect
> solution in my mind. I have mentioned this before on the forum to hopefully
> get Kirk to re make them.

That's Amerisport, not Auto Exotica.   Marino Perna (Pantera East) used to
market Kirk's products as well.   I really thought the raised screens were
exceptionally well-designed and well-made.

Part of the challenge is that the stock screen size/shape changed several
times during production, so making an aftermarket unit that will fit all the
cars is next to impossible.