[DeTomaso] More Guara news

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 11:46:08 EDT 2011

On the one hand, I have to agree with Roland, and on the other hand I don't.

I didn't own one, but I drove one for a day, as well as drove the
windshield-less barchetta. It is a fantastic handling car. The brakes put up
with a tremendous amount of abuse in the mountains and had no fade at all.
it was a real pleasure to drive, and feels like a car that was designed 30
years after the Pantera. That's the part I agree with.

But a car should be also about looks, and that's where the guará has some
shortcomings. From some angles it looks quite nice. From others it looks
awkward. It is probably the best handling car detomaso ever made, but even
so if I hit the lottery I'd buy a Pantera Si, or a Mangusta first. The Guará
will no doubt drive circles around a Goose, but there is more to a car than
just the driving experience.