[DeTomaso] How fast have you driven?

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Mon Oct 31 15:02:04 EDT 2011

 I've had my 73 Euro GTS up to 140 before I had to start slowing down for the first turn at Road America.  Car felt very stable.

The occasion was a high speed touring event during the Shelby club weekend at the track many years ago.   You had to have helmets and shoulder harnesses but no other safety equipment was required.   At that time they even let you take passengers.   I took my two sons for rides when they were around 9 and 10.  They have since mandated that passengers be 16 or older.

Tom