[DeTomaso] How fast have you driven?

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:10:55 EDT 2011

My ride height is about an inch lower than stock, alignment could stand to
be adjusted to toe out more to make it more stable at speed but
that would cause premature tire wear and top speed isn't that important to
me.  The car rides very nice, I took the late Wayne Stevens for a ride in
2007
when he visited Savannah and hit 160 for a second or two and he said it was
the smoothest Pantera he had ever ridden in.
The real thrill is the blinding acceleration from third gear at 3,000up to
6,000, taking a passenger for a quick ride and blasting from 70 mph to 120
in a few
seconds usually does the trick.  Braking is easy and quick and a ticket at
120 in Georgia will set you back over $1,000, get you arrested and have
your
car towed to impound anyway.

I bought the car at age 45, after 32 years of lusting after one, I did
several stupid things the first few years with it.
after turning 50, I just want to live to enjoy it longer.

I had the advantage of a previous life racing race cars, so going fast
wasn't the thrill it once was, it was the just knowing it was in a Pantera
that made the difference.

I hesitate to make a comparison, but in total darkness, I'm sure Angelina
Jolie and the looker at the mall also ride about the same.

Michael