[DeTomaso] Bob Timma's Pantera; a little help this Thursday afternoon?

Al Chelini pantera at cox.net
Sat Oct 29 18:25:04 EDT 2011

Hi, all,

Progress report:  Sad to report that Bob's wife was moved to hospice care at
her parent's home in Michigan this morning,  Many thanks to those of you who
have contributed to the fund for Diane Timma.

Ed Comer and I are looking for a few good folks to help us detail out Bob
Timma's Pantera with the intent of increasing it sales appeal.

It's currently up for sale at PI Motorsports ** (PIM) in Orange County, to
cover hospital bills.

Jerry Sacket, PIM's owner, has graciously allowed us to do some detailing
work on Bob's car at PIM to help the situation.  If you could please donate
some time on Thursday afternoon (November 3rd) at PIM, we could certainly
use a bit of assistance.

We plan to start at 1 PM in the parking lot of PIM and be finished before
PIM closes at 5 PM.  If you can only make it a bit later, that's OK, we'll
take all the help we can get.

We plan to do the following:

* Replace the rear coil over shocks:  The OEM rear spacers are a bear to
remove as the springs are a 550#/in rate, and have been known to break
spring compressors, causing injury.   The good news is since Jerry Sackett
(PIM's owner) already has some OEM coil-over-shocks on the shelf with the
spacers removed, he will just swap Bob's units with ones on his shelves for
us if we remove and replace them on the car, saving us quite a bit of time.
We figure about 2.0 man- hours for both rear wheels.  Jerry will lend us
heavy duty floor jacks, etc., but please bring your own tools. We need to
remove and replace  both rear wheels and the shock mounting bolts.

* Front trunk: we can vacuum it out and polish a few things up a bit.

* Taped Pin stripes: (Prior to polishing) - figure about a man hour to
remove those and the "Pantera" windshield decal, then finish polish the
paint  We would need a hair dryer and an extension cord.

* Paint:  a quick polishing  We'd  need a buffer, an extension cord, and
polish.

* Interior: Armor-All detailing and vacuuming. Black rubber trim adhesive
for the speaker grills.

Please email me if you intend to donate some time to this effort, so I can
coordinate things.

My thanks to all of you for reading this and considering any assistance..

                  **  PI Motorsports is located at 1040 N. Batavia, Suite G;
Orange, CA  92867.  714/ 744-1397.