[DeTomaso] cars.tv and Concorso Italiano

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 18:47:02 EDT 2011

About 6 minutes into their Concorso Italiano report on Cars.TV, the
talking head talks about how complex modern electrical systems are and
how hard they are to work on and they pull back from a Pantera engine
in its polished compartment: crossbraces, aluminum heads, polished ZF,
polished single carb intake, red paint, red painted air cleaner looks
like dual inlet for elephant ears but it's not far enough out to tell.
 I think it has CV joints too and an extra U brace that looks like it
ties a lower arm together.  Almost 4 lingering seconds.  ANd ironic in
context.  The next lines are about children.

Otherwise, no mention of or pictures of DeTomasos.  I feel shunned.
I'm not sure why the cars.tv guys hate cars, but it's clear that they
do with their fast cuts and meaningless cinematographic composition.

sean

--
"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso