[DeTomaso] Breather cap

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Oct 20 02:12:41 EDT 2011

Dave, with most valve covers, both have grommets; one holds a cap   while
the other has the PCV. Can you reverse the grommets and their functions?   It
might take some plumbing, but the size of the hole thru the grommets are I
think similar so you could add still oil with a small funnel by pulling the
PCV if it was in the right cover. This might be easier than welding etc to
create something new. Dunno- I've never had the problem.
Another thing that's possible is to cut the surge tank bracket loose from
the right inner fender and move it outboard an inch or so. I did this to mine
for more sparkplug wrench clearance on #4 plug.   The new tank location
snuggled right against the decklid shock. The cut bracket & tank was reattached
with sheet metal screws but welding/brazing could also be done. This might
produce enough clearance for your present cap. Take another look before you
do anything drastic- J Deryke