[DeTomaso] EFI

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Thu Oct 6 02:07:41 EDT 2011

Justin

Another soap box input. Ignition timing has to be right too. Note that
www.tuningmadeeasy.com has 4 steps:
Tuning an ignition, part 1
Tuning a carburetor, part 1
Tuning an ignition, part 2
Tuning a carburetor, part 2

They do affect each other. Improper tuning of ignition timing can give bogs.
BTW, the vacuum hose to the dist, before, was it attached to ported vacuum
on a carb? If yes, is it still to ported vacuum? If not, that could create a
part throttle bog. Whether it would show up as a lean condition, I don't
know. I guess the point I'm coming back to, is that since you've tried
everything at least twice on the EFI to get it fixed, look outside the EFI?

Mikael