[DeTomaso] The strange case of...

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Oct 2 21:41:22 EDT 2011

In a message dated 10/2/11 16 37 8, detomasoregistry at gmail.com writes:

> I know this style of license plate is not transferable in California, in
> case you think
> the plate was transferred to a different Pantera.

Of course it was.   It's routine for people who own more than one Pantera,
to swap a single plate over from car to car.   That doesn't make it legal,
but it does make it rather common.   In this case, this is two different
cars, probably both owned by the same owner at one point.

I know of at least one Pantera currently for sale on your website, which
ventures out onto the street for test drives wearing the license plate of
another car.   It's really a common practice.

Remember the PCNC member who owned about a dozen cars of all different
styles, but only two or three had legitimate license plates?   He would
routinely swap them around, flaunting the law and hoping he didn't get caught.

In this case, you know the VIN of the red car, but the black car is a
'mystery car'.