[DeTomaso] (no subject)

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Nov 15 12:35:32 EST 2011

In a message dated 11/15/11 9 11 14, tpoemer at gmail.com writes:

> Is it possible to remove and replace the power cable from the battery to
> the engine area with the engine still in place? If it is, what size cable
> works best?  What tricks are there that I should know about? Thanks for
> your help.

Been there, done that, it's not a job you want to do twice, but it may well
be a job you want to do.

The cable runs through the passenger-side rocker (sill) region, along with
the wiring harness for the back half of the car.   There is precious little
room in there and it's easy to get snagged.   It's helpful if you remove the
passenger-side outboard seatbelt (inertia reel) as this will give you
limited access to the center of the sill.

All you have to do is disconnect the cable from the solenoid, and pull it
through to the front of the car.   The smart thing to do is to have your new
cable all ready to go, and attach it to the old one (zip ties or whatever,
but something secure).   That way, as you're withdrawing your old cable,
you're installing the new one at the same time.

Sounds easy.

It isn't!