[DeTomaso] Brake Upgrade

B. Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Sat Nov 12 13:25:27 EST 2011

Thanks Rich
That is exactly the information I was looking for.
Maybe I could use two rear calipers per side on the rear and just use the
stock prop valve on the rear circuit instead of the front.
I could keep it all looking stock! :>}
Barry

----
Rich hoppe1 at cox.net wrote:

I would like to add something to the discussion.
I have 3 cars.
One with Sierra brakes
two with wilwood
Before I changed them I had one car with stock calipers on front, and double
stock rear calipers with a proportioning valve added to the rear.  I also
had protafield brake pads on all four wheels.
I have to say this brake system at high speeds was every bit as good as the
sierra and wilwoods.
You need the proportioning valve on the rear because the dual calipers would
make the rear lock up first and you need to dial it down to balance.
Rich Hoppe