[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 88, Issue 1-How fast have you gone?

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Tue Nov 1 17:21:35 EDT 2011

166 Mph on the Gps during the Silver State a few
years back... I was allowed to go 165 tech speed
but it went a little over trying to hold it back for
the timed speed section.. if you go over then you
are disqualified... car had a lot more and yes the
rear wing was still on afterwards on the Black Pantera
The modified front chin spoiler held the front end down

Only car I have never spun up until if fell or blew apart

first car bought- 69 Z28 camero
first new car 1978 trans am 403 auto... actually bought it for the wife so
I could drive
Favorite car presently owned- toss up between the 72 Pantera and 70 Trans
Am clone
Car to be had at lottery time- F1 Mclaren or F40 Ferrari.. or maybe that
Shadow Can Am car
Most acceleration- My Honda CR 500 dirt bike- nicknamed the Wido Maker

The Can Am car is what caused my wing

I also agree that the twisties in a road course or hill climb
are the most fun in the Pantera... hitting the G forces in the turns are
what makes the car

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera