[DeTomaso] NPC: strange clicking and gauges jumping

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Mon May 30 18:55:21 EDT 2011

Typically a clicking sound means there is not enough power to turn the
starter.  First thing to try is clean the terminals, but it sounds like you
may have done that when you disconnected the battery. Check the ground wire.
Because the gauges are acting up along with the starter, I'd guess that it
is a defective battery or there is a bad connection at the battery.  Have
you tried to jump it off?