[DeTomaso] NPC: strange clicking and gauges jumping

doug351c doug351c at gmail.com
Mon May 30 18:49:31 EDT 2011

Guys,

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer that was running fine, stopped home to grab
something, and when I jumped back in and tried to start it, there was
nothing, no cranking.  I turned the key back to off and either a relay or a
circuit breaker in the engine compartment fuse box started clicking (with
the key off!).  I turned the key back to on and the gauges started jumping
up and down between 1/3 and 1/2 scale along with the clicking.  I turned the
key to start and still no cranking.  I disconnected the battery and it
measured 12.6V so it was not low.  I reconnected the battery and still got
the clicking with no key and gauge jumping with key-on.  Anyone heard of
this?

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505