[DeTomaso] tilting radiator forward

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed May 25 00:09:35 EDT 2011

In a message dated 5/24/11 16 34 19, justingreisberg at hotmail.com writes:

> the radiator-mounted sensors that are recommended by our colleagues do
> not ever get hot off to turn on.  I can sit in my driveway for an hour with
> the engine idling and the temp stays around 200 degrees.

That's the way a proper cooling system should work--be happy!

Lori's Pantera had a bastardized stock radiator that was leaking and didn't
work worth a darn.   We swapped in an old-school Hall Pantera replacement
brass radiator and Meriah fans.   The car resolutely refused to get more than
180 degrees, idling forever with only one fan on.   In fact we had to
disconnect the first fan just to force the car to heat up so the second one would
turn on, just to verify that it worked!

Mine runs a bit hotter; when it's fully warmed up, it holds about 185 or
190 now, with both fans running.   I have exactly the same setup.