[DeTomaso] US "PANTERA GTS" decals

Jerry R Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Mon May 23 22:23:00 EDT 2011

A couple of weeks ago I had plastic protective coating applied to the rock
prone areas on one of my cars.  The fellow has been in the business as a R&D
tech as well as doing most facets of the business.  I was curious as to the
liquid he was using to apply the covering.  It is soap, alcohol, mostly
water and a small amount of triple-antibiotic.  I asked the obvious question
about the latter and he explained that on coverings and decals the brown you
see after aging is mold.  The antibiotic destroys the mold on application of
the decal or covering.

Useless information or relevant? I am not sure.  The coating has only been
on a couple of weeks.

jerry