[DeTomaso] Wheels again

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu May 19 22:52:26 EDT 2011

In a message dated 5/19/11 17 02 48, dmaument at comcast.net writes:

> I have Quella's roller bearing upright conversion and it moves the hub
> out.

It's interesting to hear that.   I thought the timking conversion had no
bearing (HAH!) on the location of the axle flange.   However, if you have a
Wilwood brake system with rotors that slip over the outside of the axles,
rather than going on the back side the way the stock ones do, THAT will space
your wheel out, by the thickness of the rotor hat atop the flange.

Mike (with Quella's bearing conversion, and old-school Wilwood rotors
mounted in the stock fashion, behind the axle flange, i.e. no *apparent* movement
of the wheels outboard?   But now that you mention it, perhaps they are
3/16 outboard?)