[DeTomaso] Swapping out clutch master cylinder

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Mon May 16 21:47:24 EDT 2011

Mike,

The pita is because it is difficult to get where you need to  go with the
driver's seat installed and then unscrew the bolts/nuts  which hold the
master cylinder in place ....... both are free to  turn.

Pull the driver's seat.

Clamp a visegrip sort of sideways on the bolt head in the  driver's
compartment and remove the nut in the front trunk. Repeat for nut  #2.

While I had my friends bolts and the master cylinder out I put  the bolts
into the master cylinder holes to get the correct spacing and welded a  metal
strap between the two bolts so they will never rotate  again.

But putting the bolts in place and then mounting the master  cylinder is
much easier if you have someone to hold the bolts in place. I am  sure one
person can get it done, but it is much easier with a  helper.

Have fun  today,

sobill at aol.com