[DeTomaso] Pantera Celebrates 40 years at CI

arkoch at earthlink.net arkoch at earthlink.net
Wed May 11 10:50:03 EDT 2011

I still remember when Ford announced the Detomaso Pantera 40 years ago and decided I had to eventually have one.  When Ford announced they were discontinuing the car in 1974, I decided to buy one, and did on December 15, 1974.

Little did I know that 37 years later I would still have that Pantera, albeit slightly modified but still looking much like the car when I bought it.

For those on the list that did not get to see the original announcement, the Concorso Italiano is featuring the Pantera marquee at this years event to be held August 19, celebrating the Pantera's 40th birthday.

See the following site for additional information on the event and registering information.

http://www.concorso.com/broadcasts/apr11-4-pantera.html

Dick Koch - Atlanta