[DeTomaso] NPC fascinating "financial planner" view of the SUV vs. gas-efficient car argument

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Wed May 11 08:13:38 EDT 2011

Feel good liberals always want to do what feels good; hang a banker, kill
a bad leader, but they don't want to do what is right or what needs to be
done. They are knee jerk reactions because they make too much, or it would
feel good to take them out.

Unions have killed American industry by telling the workers CEO's make too
much therefore it's ok for them to extort and steel from a company. Unions
love that leaders make so much because it allows them to get the base
fired up every time and the only winner is the union leaders; until the
industry is driven from the country.

Albeit welfare moms or rich CEO's, I don't blame the people, I blame the
system. Too much liberalism and not enough personal freedom and capitalism
on both accounts.

CEO pay is it's own issue and should not be tied to or used to justify
ANYTHING else. My problem with CEO pay is that there is not ENOUGH
capitalism.

I am not one for making rules and regs but there is one regulation I would
like to see. First you have to understand who the owners of the companies
are; your 401k, your investments, grandma's, etc.

Now here is the important part. IF you owned a company by yourself and you
had a CEO or a manager, would you know what he makes? In your 401k I would
bet you don't even know 1% of the CEO names in your portfolios much less
what they make.

When you buy a stock from a broker, or 401k, etc, you look over packages
and base them on things like industry and risk. My solution would be to
REQUIRE companies and investors to make available, in the same way, CEO
and upper management pay and benefits in the same way.

So when you buy companies you say, "I want technology firms with CEO's in
the 50% range where they are paid well for what they do (because they do a
good job) but they are not raping the company.

THAT would make capitalism do what it does best!

NOW if your a private owner of a company and make 6 billion a year, MORE
POWER TO YOU!!!