[DeTomaso] Increasing Caster

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun May 1 22:55:41 EDT 2011

Dear Richard,

            Another testimonial!   The first offset bushings I did produced
about exactly the same results (before&after).  So...worshipping at the
temple of "some is good, more is better", I ended up with one set of custom
a arms that produced 4 degrees positive caster and a subsequent set of
*really* offset bushings in the other car that produced five degrees
positive caster..

         As you noted, the results are great.  The only downside is that
with the off set bushings plus 5 degrees of caster and wide tires, it is
very possible to snag the front outer fender lip with a tire during a bump
in a turn, i.e. entering a drive way, etc.   That leads to a visit to the
paint and body man.

                      Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles