[DeTomaso] Increasing Caster

richard bosch theemonkey at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 21:33:20 EDT 2011

Funny you guys bring this up as i just did the offset bushings sourced from Pantera East on the upper and lower a arms on my 1973 GT5 conversion last week.I have 295/30/18 Toyo R888 tires on a 10 inch wide rim.
Previous caster left 1.7 degrees,right 1.9 degrees.
Final caster left 3.1 degrees,right 3.2 degrees.
The bushing swap was very easy to do as i had urethane bushings in the a arms previously.Stock bushing removal is a lot more difficult and time consuming.
The car drives a world better.Before it was nervous or twitchy over uneven road surfaces.Now it is very stable.No noticeable increase in steering effort.
I highly recommend doing the bushings.