[DeTomaso] Radiator Install Progress

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Tue Mar 15 22:49:20 EDT 2011

Michael,

As others have already indicated, you've got a nice Hall 45 degree
radiator.  These are the cat's meow as long as they don't leak.  If
you can get it fixed, I'd recommend you stick with it.  If you don't
want to fix it, would you please ship it to me?  :)

The new radiator looks very nice.  It's very much like the Fluidyne
offering with a couple of exceptions.
- The entry/exit tubes are parallel to the radiator, Fluidyne comes
straight out.
- The lower drain cock is on the passenger side, Fluidyne is on the
drivers side.

There are two thermal switch bungs for the radiator fans and two upper
drain cocks.  In addition, it has the lower mounting posts.  It looks
like this should be a very nice radiator for a Pantera.

Here is a photo of the Fluidyne I got from Larry Stock many years ago:
http://teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=2823

I've welded a couple of cross bars for mounting a flex-a-lite dual
sucker fan.  You can see the two thermal switches for the fans mounted
in the two bungs on the right.  You can also see the drain on the
left.  This photo was taken during pressure testing of the radiator
prior to re-install a couple years ago.

What you have is so similar, I'd probably buy it if I needed a new
radiator for my Pantera.  So in my opinion you made a good purchase.

Asa Jay

--
Asa Jay Laughton - sent from somewhere other than home