[DeTomaso] Campagnolo wheels

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 21:17:36 EDT 2011

In a message dated 3/15/11 18 12 39, detomasoregistry at gmail.com writes:

> I tend to agree with Garth here, in reality pairs of 7s + 8s don't trade
> hands at these
> often seen high 'asking' prices.

The most I've ever paid for a full set of 7s and 8s was $200.   I have also
received one set for free from Dennis Yogi (what a guy!   Thanks Dennis!).

I'd say that an average, nothing-special set of wheels is worth $75 each
for the rears and $25 for the fronts.   One might even argue that they're
worth $100 each for the rears and $0 for the fronts.

Now, if somebody has spent big bucks to spiff them up, that would alter the
value upwards a bit.

A full set of one-slot wheels should be worth substantially more than this,
but such things are very hard to come by.   Single wheels (as opposed to
sets) aren't worth any more than they are as part of a set.   And I would
argue that a mismatched collection of four wheels (most 'sets' of wheels for
sale on E-bay, aren't true sets because they often differ from one another,
sometimes substantially) is worth considerably less than a proper set of four
matching wheels.