[DeTomaso] Campagnolo wheels

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 21:12:11 EDT 2011

FWIW, I think a lot of folks need to put down the crack pipe when it comes to pricing
those 7' and 8" Campys on Ebay. I've purchased two complete sets of 7's & 8's for $50
each. Some folks actually gave me wheels as I was looking for a good 8" Campy since I
found one of mine was cracked when I refinished them. If they've been properly restored, I
can see them being priced higher to cover the costs of restoration, but most I see on ebay
are just tired old wheels in need of a complete refinishing.

I tend to agree with Garth here, in reality pairs of 7s + 8s don't trade hands at these
often seen high 'asking' prices.

I'd hate to see any useable DeTomaso parts thrown away, including wheels... So if anyone
is going to dispose of old wheels, let me know how much you want, I can't offer much
including the shipping cost, but I'm willing to store a few more sets, until the wife
finds out what is already in the attic - grin, then my accumulating days may be over.

Chuck