[DeTomaso] Heater Box

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Sun Mar 13 18:05:24 EDT 2011

I have mentioned before the heater box I am working on. I took some more
photos today. This is all from scratch project. There is nothing stock
about what I am doing. There is no a/c just heat or fan. An unfortunate
part of my construction is that the box will need to be riveted to the
chassis before putting in the fan. This requires some assembly of the box
as I put it together (which is not yet). Right now it just requires a lot
of clecos.

There are 8 sets of doors to be operated by servo. There is a fresh air
intake, recirculated air, 2-defog, 2-floor heater and 2 fresh air vents.
These will all be operated by servos controlled through an Arduino:

http://www.arduino.cc/

The Arduino will allow me to program any control over any vent I would like.

This is the mock up of what had been constructed so far. What is left is
mounting servos, a little heater core fitment, and programing the Arduino:

These are the fresh air doors:

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/hb/hb6.jpg

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/hb/hb8.jpg

The recirculation vent being the big round vent on top. Aluminum flat was
bent round and welded to make ducts:

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/hb/hb9.jpg

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/hb/hb10.jpg

Anyway, kind of different.