[DeTomaso] NPC: another Los Angeles trip?

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 18:53:40 EST 2011

Just back from 3 trips in 2 weeks but it looks like I'll be heading
back to China
Lake early next week for more flight testing.  There's a very good
chance I'll be
sitting on my hands for the week as our flight test slots are back-ups
to Phalanx
testing.  I should know more COB Thursday but I'll likely be flying out Tuesday
morning and flying home Saturday.  In that case, I can take a 4:40 PM
flight out
of LAX.  Anyone around LAX (or China Lake, NAS or points in between) that
would like to meet up?  On previous trips, I've already visited Hall, PIM and
Wilkinson.  I thought I'd try to check out the Byars operation and/or
possibly visit
the Peterson or Nethercutt Museums.  Looks like the Peterson museum is
open Tuesday through Sunday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and the Nethercutt
is open Tuesday through Saturday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

If I book the early morning flight, I could hit a museum Tuesday morning
(noon to 6PM) then drive up to Ridgecrest that evening and maybe try to meet
up with Byars Saturday morning.

Dan Jones