[DeTomaso] Ammeter Quesition

PersoCaddy at aol.com PersoCaddy at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 21:34:43 EDT 2011

Hi, My ammeter reads  + 55 amps for periods of time while driving on
HIGHWAY, then it moves down to 30 or 15 depending which Spal fan is on. Nothing
else is on just MSD 6A. No other draws. Car runs fine, no smell of burning
wires. Now this has been going on for over a year and it is driving me nuts.
 Before mods the ammeter needle was like it was painted on the gauge at 0.
I have  a VDO ammeter put in 20 years ago. New Alt. Power Master, new
Voltage regulator  (known to be good) new OPTIMA batttery. Car starts fine needle
a little to  right to show some charging, when car is first started. Very
strange and I am an  EE. Pat Orlando 1972 yellow Pantera S/N 4011.