[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 83, Issue 29-Noisy alt

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Wed Jun 29 18:35:24 EDT 2011

Jack made a comment about noisey alternator
vs moving it back by motor mount reworks

I had a howl in my car before I went to Reno that
sounded like the alt or water pump.. I have a Quella
flat panel and modified it to use only one belt... later
after changing the water pumps the pulley was larger
and very close to the cover.. sometimes the belt
touched... after high revs...and I would get a howl
I thought maybe the alt or water pump was going
south but after refiberglassing and giving more clearance
the howl went away... Howl only happened sometimes
before when things were hot...

Not sure if the closeness caused it or what

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera