[DeTomaso] Passenger door handle question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 16:03:45 EDT 2011

In a message dated 6/20/11 12 54 32, charlesmccall at gmail.com writes:

> ****Gary Hall's technique is obviously gentler on the opening mechanism,
> but
> that doesn't necessarily mean that the contrary is rough enough to cause
> failure. It's not a common failure, I don't think, or at least there
> hasn't
> been a lot of noise about them over the years

It's common enough that the vendors had to tool up to produce new pull
tabs, many years ago.   They wouldn't do that just for the fun of it.

It all has to do with how aggressive you are when you open the door.   If
you're always thoughtful and gentle with it, the pull tab may outlast you.
But if you're Mongo, it'll break.