[DeTomaso] Passenger door handle question

Cullen McCann cmccann1972 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 15:57:15 EDT 2011

Hey Peter...I have been told by several people that unfortunately they are
"as rare as hen's teeth"...but sure as I say that someone will pop up with a
spare set. This community is good about having resources like this for
people. I am going to hold on to mine at the moment but ultimately I hope to
not use them in favor of a shaved, remote.or hidden release latch. We will
see..

There is always a set on ebay that are adverstised as stainless
construction:

ebay stainless pantera door handles
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DETOMASO-PANTERA-FORGED-STAINLESS-DOOR-HANDL
ES-/310237846308?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item483b9ddb24>

but I think once the list discussed them at length.and I seem to remember
they don't fit perfectly? Is it because they assume a flat sheet metal
platform and the pantera door is obviously a gentle radius? Stainless, if a
decent fit, would seem to resolve integrity issues would it not?

Just thoughts.

Cullen