[DeTomaso] A/C Rebuild - Vents

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sun Jun 19 14:36:34 EDT 2011

Will,

I added a fresh air feed to my fan from the cowl area. I did this when I
first found out that there was none from the factory. At the time I didn't
have AC in the car, I have since added AC too. My fresh air is "on" all the
time. This means that when driving in cool weather it's pretty much
necessary to have a working heater. Even with the fan off a pretty good air
stream enters the car at highway speed. I have not added any air exits but
the leaks seem to be enough to allow for a good air flow through the car
anyway. I've recently considered adding a fresh air shut off as when driving
in warm weather it's a bit counter productive to add fresh air warmer and
more humid than the cabin air.

Tomas