[DeTomaso] A/C Rebuild - Vents

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Sun Jun 19 14:29:44 EDT 2011

Will

I think it was Bill Stroope who added the additional vent.  Ford didn't
continue the practice - perhaps, they didn't recognize a benefit.  Ford was
making many changes to enhance the system's functionality.  Giving them the
benefit of the doubt, had a third vent been the answer, it would have been
easier than the other mods which Ford made to the Pantera.

If you check your Service Bulletin, you will see that Ford added a fresh air
intake in the passenger side grill infront of the Windshield adjacent to the
wiper mechanism on the later cars.  Koji Kobuto added NACA ducts on the top
of each front fender behind the wheel on his award winning car to bring air
into the cabin.  So, it has been done before and documented.  I'd call
Wilkinson for the vents should you desire a third.

JT