[DeTomaso] Panteras in Denver?

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Wed Jun 8 04:31:26 EDT 2011

In case you haven't heard about them, there's a long lost renegade Pantera chapter based out of Denver.
I've heard various versions of why they are no longer part of POCA, but all the stories deal with fast driving.
They bushwhacked a Pantera convoy I was leading up Mt. Charleston (Vegas) about 10 years ago. Came out of nowhere wearing Groucho Marx disguises and flying pirate flags. Blew away the 50 cars behind me and one of them actually got in front of me (briefly - no one passes the convoy leader!). I heard open headers and inhaled a good dose of Nitrous as he passed. I never saw them again (I was told they were persona non grata from the Plaza). They were the best open road drivers I've ever seen. Their 305's were keeping up with The Winged Warriors 345's around some pretty sharp curves (at speeds a little above the speed limit).
If you can find these guys you'd be in for a real treat. Especially if you get a chance to fly down some of their favorite mountain roads.
I remember there were two or three brothers who were ringleaders.
Dennis Quella probably knows their hideout and the secret handshake. Just don't wear any POCA gear, or we may never hear from you again.
Good luck.

Dan Courtney
22 Years of Excellent Representation
Excalibur Commercial Real Estate Services
La Jolla, CA
(858) 551-5455 P
(858) 551-5456 F