[DeTomaso] Weight Reduction

Art Stephens artstephens at verizon.net
Sun Jun 5 14:08:13 EDT 2011

     I helped install a new high speed window regulator motor for Dennis Antenucci the other day. In the process I drilled a couple extra, unnecessary holes until I got the motor mounted on the regulator correctly. We joked that the extra holes were for weight reduction, yeah, that's what I was thinking. LOL  Anyway I was just sitting here thinking that it really did reduce a little weight with no apparent negative effect, which then made me think of Jack DeRyke and his weight reduction quest. The regulator is pretty heavy and I'm sure it is heavier than it needs to be. So there you go Jack, I'll bet you could shave at least a pound and you could probably do it without removing the regulator. Check it out!

Art