[DeTomaso] beading water tubes?

Cullen1972 cmccann1972 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 14:19:05 EDT 2011

Hey ken, this will be a stretch, but one time on stainless in a smaller application for a 1/2" fuel line, I used a compression sleeve. The same kind they sell for brass plumbing but a local guy here sells them in stainless too. Not sure about diameter. For the coolant lines, that's alot bigger.  But you can compress the sleeve on the tube with the actual compression fitting, then remove the nut side if the connection off the other end... That puts a nice little bead on there for a hose and it's stuck on super tight.  If you have to do both ends I guess you could cut the nut off... Also your idea of a welded bead seems like a good one to me. An experienced welder with a tig should be able to do that.

Just thoughts...

Cullen

Sent from my iPhone.