[DeTomaso] Postcard from Belgium....

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jun 3 18:56:55 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

No time to post photos yet.   We've arrived at the designated De Tomaso
hotel in Verviers, about 20 minutes drive from Spa.   Our group has swollen
greatly; we now have about 60 De Tomaso cars here, including two Longchamps,
two Mangustas and even two Vallelungas!

One bit of mechanical drama--Kjetil Finne has some
super-trick-double-throwdown custom fabricated A-arms on his car.   One of them decided to simply
fall apart while he was driving through town, leaving the car stranded on a
sidewalk.   Several guys got together to help out, and somehow they found a
shop that prepares/repairs rally cars.   Apparently the guys pulled the
offending A-arm (or arms?) and ferried them back and forth to the shop where they
were all welded up; the guys drove back to the hotel around 10:30 p.m. :>)

(That's a fourth-hand story so details may be wrong; we'll find out the
actual details soon).

The scene here is much like at the POCA Fun Rally--De Tomaso owners who
have never met, and in many cases speak different languages, speaking together
in the hospitality area or the parking lot, pointing, talking with their
hands, laughing and having a GREAT time!

1:00 a.m., finally time for us to head to bed.   We are leaving as a group
at 9:00 a.m. and the cars hit the track tomorrow starting at 10:00 a.m. :>)