[DeTomaso] TT and Pantera Hx

LaurieFerrari at aol.com LaurieFerrari at aol.com
Fri Jul 29 04:30:34 EDT 2011

____________________________________

Dear Dave 'n D,
I must respond to your very nice post in retelling
of one particular event where Tom T. was a guest speaker years ago, the
California Concourse at
Rainbow Lagoon Park in Long Beach, CA. I recall him speak in detail about
the history of our
Panteras. It seemed more like a Pantera Roast than anything more uplifting,
and that was NOT
attributable to his own artistic abilities nor to that which was under his
control.
Be careful what you ask for.
Laurie, oro  (one reporter's opinion)
-----------------------------------
Pantera boys & girls,

Our (Pantera) history is important, right?  One never knows when "the
situation" may change.

Get Mr. Tjaarda over here.  As a condition he should agree to sit down (for
however long it takes) and recount his recollections of how all this came
about and all relevant stories on video tape.  Perhaps a nice video
production could be made for sale through one of the club stores.  I can't believe
Mr. Tjaarda would NOT be happy to document the history and facts.

Whoever does the interview should have some questions ready that might
direct the conversation and jog memories.  Some good editing could make a nice
presentation.

I have done this with my ex-father in law/mother in law (multi generation
family farm and seed store) and it uncovered some great stories from the
past. (Frank traded the family car for a small tractor and a jeep one fall -
Marian drove that jeep through at least one Minnesota winter back when the
creature comforts in a surplus jeep consisted of your gloves and coat)  You get
the idea, right?

This is IMPORTANT.

Asa (club store guy)?  registry wanker (show us you dedication to
history)?, ice driving school instructor and media giant from Atlanta?  Mike Drew?
Someone step up and "be the guy" that saves our history first hand!  This is
IMPORTANT.  (Yes, I could do it. Yes I would do it if asked. Let's get the
appropriate person on this, ok?)

Or we can just sit back and argue about spare tires, which car had what
tail light lens or why those wheels don't look cool.

Has this been done?  Maybe I should sit down and shut up . . . .

David in Durango

just another Icky Old Man