[DeTomaso] Electrical problem from Japan

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 20:00:33 EDT 2011

I went through a hot start problem for over a year. I would suggest a PMGR
starter from DB electrical http://www.dbelectrical.com/.
They are absolutely great! You can deal with them directly or through ebay.
I think they charge around $49.99 for a Permenant Magnet Gear Reduction
Starter which is the best type of starter you can get. I thought I had a
problem with the starter and they sent me a replacement before I even
returned the old starter!. One of the most important issues is the old Ford
starters were wired using the solenoid on the fire wall. When you switch to
a modern starter you need to change your wiring of the starter. The DB
starter come with instructions as well as a new wire to wire the starter
correctly eliminating the solenoid on the fire wall. Once I followed their
(DB'S) instructions my car started better (my starter turned with more
torque *hot the old starter turned cold! After I passed this info along SO
Bill wrote an article about it.  This is trh real deal!*

**Boyd