[DeTomaso] Electrical problem from Japan

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Tue Jul 26 10:37:34 EDT 2011

The low voltage is one issue, but the click is another. There is a bad
connection in the starter circuit or his solenoid is giving out. If he has
the interior light on and tries to start the car, does the interior light go
out or stay the same when the click is heard?  If it goes out, the starter
is either zapping all the power the battery can provide or there is a short.
If it stays the same, the starter is not getting enough juice. I'd bet the
light stays the same and the starter is not kicking in. In that case, start
with cleaning all the wires going to the starter and solenoid.