[DeTomaso] Darn speedo cable

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jul 25 20:20:46 EDT 2011

In a message dated 7/25/11 11 50 27, rob at dumoulins.net writes:

> It is doable, but not fun. Rather than waste much more time, undo the 4
> bolts holding your steering column in place and lower the column. From the
> access point, you can get to the two thumb-nuts (that's Thumb, not Numb)
> holding the speedo to the bracket that keeps the speed in place. Thread up
> the trip reset cable and pull the speedo out a bit. You should be able to
> get to the back of the speedo and screw it in.

Great minds think alike!   I was able to get to the thumb-nuts without
dropping the column, by positioning myself outside of the car and reaching in
with my left hand.   If you were under the dash, there might not be sufficient
working room in which case dropping the steering column would be a good
solution.   But it's easier to just be outside of the car.

Small hands help--I've got laughably girly little hands.   You've got
pretty meaty paws as I recall--so maybe this whole job is one Amaya can handle
herself while you go inside and have a beer!!!