[DeTomaso] Expected performance?

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 22:42:20 EDT 2011

Pardon me for saying this...

What are you thinking?

This is not a Drag Racer, the ZF wasn't designed for that kind of abuse.
It's a all round performance car that goes fast, handles well for its time
period engineering,  stops fast and above all looks amazing.

Even Midnight street racers gave up standing starts to save their
equipment,  you get side by side at 40-60 MPH and then you race to a given
point or distance.

DRAG RACING is a mechanics sport, no more, no less, its 95% equipment and 5%
driver.

Dress it up like a lady, drive it like a w$%#*.   Its an immersive,
visceral,  gut check.  Properly prepared, a balanced Pantera with power,
braking and handling / suspension mods will deliver a driving experience
beyond the driving capabilities of most skilled drivers.  You will cry uncle
before the car will, call it a lack of spherical fortitude if you will, but
I've driven a lot of fine automobiles...only one has ever challenged my ego,
invited me to drive into the abyss and made my * pucker.

Viva La Pantera.
Michael