[DeTomaso] I have an OEM aluminum gas tank to trade

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sat Jul 23 14:05:45 EDT 2011

 All,

In my efforts to resurrect the parked-for-twenty-years Fresno Pantera,
I bought a replacement gas tank from Mike Mayberry. Imagine my
surprise when it turned out to be one of the uber-rare fiberglass-coated
aluminum tanks installed on the very early cars. While I have not yet pressure tested the tank,
it does appear to be undamaged and the inside is nearly spotless.

Sadly, after reading Jack DeRyke's newsletter article a couple of months ago, I now
know this early tank is not a simple drop-in for the Fresno '74 Pantera chassis..

We can no doubt do the modifications needed and get this tank into the '74, but a
simple drop-in replacement would be quicker and easier.

If any of you have a strong hankering for an original aluminum tank and have a steel one
to trade, please contact me off list.

Thanks,

Larry