[DeTomaso] ???? - Installing offset bushings

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sat Jul 23 13:54:39 EDT 2011

 All,

Tomorrow we re-assemble the suspension on the parked-for-20-years Fresno Pantera.

I purchased Quella's poly-graphite bushings, have added zerks at each bushing location,
and will install with anti-seize.

As is often the case, these vendor parts came with no instructions. REALLY?
One sheet of paper is too much to ask of these guys??!!    Geeesh...

I've done the Google search thing and think I have the answer, but I need some De Tomaso Family
been-there-done-that wisdom so I'm sure I get this correct.

As Quella's set contains only four offset bushings, I 'assume' they all install on the two front, lower A-arms,
with standard-offset bushings installing in the two front upper A-arms.

To gain the caster these are intended to provide, I believe they should be installed with the thinner flange to the
front of each bushing location on the A-arms. This would move the lower A-arm forward on the chassis.

Yes?   No?    Or....?

Thanks in advance.

Larry